Messages on hold are the promotional messages a caller hears, when they are placed on hold, either being transferred to a different department, or waiting to speak to a manger that they called in to speak with. The messages are generally scripted by copywriters, and voiceover artists are hired to create the messages on hold, in order to ensure they are going to appeal to the masses, and are going to be a message which your callers want to listen to when they do call in. When combined with the right tones or music, not only will the messages create a simple marketing message that sells to your customers, your customers will not even realize they are having products promoted to them as they are on hold.
There are a number of benefits to playing messages on hold when customers are placed on hold and are waiting to be transferred to a different department; some of these include:
- The ability to promote and upsell a product, without having to hire a live professional to advertise.
- A business can reduce operational costs when they create the messages, instead of having several operators in line answering the calls.
- The messages are pleasant, and provide customers something appealing and something beneficial to your company as they sit on hold.
- The messages are cycled, meaning each time a new caller calls in and is placed on hold or being transferred, the messages will automatically kick in.
So, your business does not have to pay countless operators to speak to customers on hold, it is possible to promote new products to customers, and your customers are going to listen to messages that were professionally created, meaning they are going to appeal to customers who are on hold and listening to these messages being played.
What a messages on hold service provider should offer -
When selecting a company to provide the messages on hold messages being played, some things to look for in a company include:
- Finding a company that provides fully scripted messages.
- Working with a company that provides professional voiceovers to create the message.
- Finding a company that offers both contract and no contract options to customers.
- Working with companies that select the right music, tone, and message for your customers; and,
- Finding a company that provides you the option to select a message (whether it is music only, music and voiceover, or a voiceover message on its own).
When it comes to marketing and advertising your product line, it is a good idea to market to the customers you already sell to. With messages on hold, you can easily do this while customers wait on hold when they call in to speak to anyone at your business. Not only are these messages a cheaper option to market to your customers, they are also professionally delivered and created, meaning your customers are bound to enjoy them, and are going to listen to the messages promotional message, and what it is trying to sell.